Monday, August 25, 2008

cotton socks.

Well, I am now a good 19 weeks and 5 days pregnant. It's so wonderful and special. I have to remind myself that some people are not so lucky. Today we found out a friend lost their child at 6 months. I could not even begin to imagine the pain of something like that. I was very upset when i heard. And being in the position I am in, I think I felt it even deeper. I would be devastated if something like that happened to Ben and I.

On Friday we had our 19 week scan. I love hearing that little heart beat more than anything else in this world. And of course, we could see little Cotton Socks (this weeks name BTW). Cotton Socks had two little feet crossed over one another and a hand up next to the chest. We counted 10 toes and 10 fingers and A LOT of really scientific other things that basically mean the heart is in the right place and Cotton Socks has all the right bones. I think our baby is the cutest thing I have ever encountered on TV.

The only negative was that I have a 'low-lying placenta'. It seems Cotton Socks and his dealer are two lazy buggars who would rather get ripped into the world than venture down the dark path. I may have to have a C Section if the two of them decide to stay where they are. Keep your fingers crossed for me that this changes and I can have a natural birth.

IN other news, I get a little eDM every week from this website. It tells me all that's going on this week for little Cotton Socks. I like reading about the progress during the kaos of work. I sent the link to Ben. It contained the following drawing:



When he saw it, he emailed me back saying 'Wow. Cotton Socks is going to be a gymnast?'

No comments: