Sunday, July 19, 2009

ironic.

Quickly wanted to share that Miss Annie had a sleepover at her Nana Jane and Poppy's house last night. Ben and I hit the town for a Progressive Dinner on Southbank with friends. It was to be our big night out followed by an even bigger sleep.

When we got home the house felt empty. I stayed in her room for a little bit looking at some hair on her sheet and missing her cute little smile. I wished I had kissed her a little more when I said my goodbyes. I wanted to smell her milky soft skin.

We climbed into bed, excited at the prospect of a night's uninterrupted sleep. In reality what we got was Ben waking up at 3am and not being able to sleep. And me, confused with sleep and the two glasses of wine I had, waking every hour or so just to realise she wasn't there, she wasn't going to wake for a feed, and 'no' it wasn't quite morning when I could race over and pick her up!

No comments: