Wednesday, September 17, 2008

23 weeks and counting...

Did you know that at 23 weeks a baby can blink and apparently has a predisposition for Vivaldi? It's amazing the things you learn from the internet!

I'm feeling bloody wonderful, it has to be said. The last few weeks, littered with little kicks, have been the absolute best! Ben got to feel that all important first kick and we are now immersing ourselves in the excitement of the whole event. It' so hard to believe that in a few months time we will be parents. Responsible for someone else. Waking up at 3:12 in the morning. Functioning on burnt toast and cold coffee. *bliss* i cannot wait :)

As the days roll in I have made many attempts to up-the-ante on the sewing. It's been so bloody busy here at work that when i get home I just want to roll around on the couch will elevated legs, carbs and Benny. I did however start a dress making course this week - hurrah! It's three Tuesday nights in North Melbourne at a funky little place called Thread Den. I already love it. I'm obsessed. I stayed back an extra half hour just because it made me feel warm and cosy. We are making a 60's shift dress (mine will be mat style) and I cannot get enough!

On top of that I am still working away on the baby's quilt. I might wanna hurry up with that one. I don't want to be handing it over as a wedding gift to the wee tacker. Tonight I am dedicating to the many patches still unstitched and perhaps a little TV action.

In other news, we had a very relaxing weekend at the farm. I wanted to share this photo of Maggie and Ben as they head off for their morning walk. Such a steely stare!

No comments: