Friday, June 27, 2008

busier than bees when their busy...

It's been a hectic week. so much frustration, emotion and nagging, aching tiredness. I would say 'I need a holiday' but I know I've just returned from one. Why does Vietnam seem so long ago?

I'm finding I like going to bed at 9:30pm on.the.dot. not a minute before and most definitely not a minute after. I feel like every time I pick myself up off the couch and head to bed before ten more wrinkles appear around my eyes and my hands start growing their very own walking frame. Could I really be this old already?

I'm putting most of it down to work at the moment. As it is the end of the financial year, there is SOOOO much happening. We are always manic in June and I had prepared myself for that, but to make matters worse I am having recruiting issues and internal stresses and also have to co-ordinate three juniors and a work experience girl. So you get where I'm coming from.

Ben has been a great help - as usual. He can lighten my mood from the minute I walk in the door. Seeing the muddy face of Maggie the Kelpie also eases the stress. I want to take the two of them and head to our beach house, lock all the doors and allow winter to batter around outside as we read books, drink wine and eat well.

Tonight I am off to another function that I have been guilted into attending. When you're this tired the last thing you want is your mother on the phone saying 'but I already told them you'd come!'. Anyone else as weak as me? I hate disappointing people. I would drag this depleted body half way across town to a fancy dress I haven't prepared for, to hang with old work colleagues I have lost touch with and enter into conversation that might actually freeze my brain rather than disappoint my mother, or her very lovely friends.

I really need my head checked. Anyone noticed yet that my capitals are back? I figure there are enough young people in the world bastardising the English language, why should I join them.

oh, and before I forget....another thing that brightened my dull week. My sister sent me a photo of my nephew Charlie lying on the blanket I made him. *Sigh* he's so cute!

No comments: