Wednesday, June 24, 2009

brand junkie.

Ok, here we go. I'll admit to being a brand junkie. When I find something I like, I am happy to tell, or should I say 'sell' it, to other people. So, occasionally, I would like to post about something that has just blown my world. It will probably teeter around nipple shaped feeding bottles and smashingly good wine, so all-in-all well worth the read.

Today's Product:

Velvety Vanilla Muesli

Product Picture:



Thoughts:

I've always wanted to be 'into' muesli. But, after being raised in Dublin (along with four other siblings), I was only ever introduced to cornflakes. In winter it was cornflakes with warm milk. Delicious. But, in Australia, with the sun nearly always shining through your kitchen window in the morning, sometimes Cornflakes just don't cut it. Besides, everyone who is anyone will tell you that muesli has much better things in it and goes well with fresh fruit, milk and yoghurt, all of which constitute a really good start to the day.

However, I have never found a muesli that hit the mark taste wise. Until now, of course. Introducing Velvety Vanilla Muesli from Table of Plenty (little Melbourne business). Here is the greatest combination of toasted and untoasted oats (the good and the bad, the yin and the yan, the devil and the saint) nestled amongst dates, nuts vanilla, honey and a touch of coconut. I tried it. I liked it. I buy it every week. It is especially good when you combine it with Jalna Bio-Dynamic Bush Honey yoghurt.

Damn. That's one hell of a way to start the day.

No comments: