Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sew-Journ So-fun.

Finally, I find the time and the energy to express what a wonderful weekend we had at Sewjourn. It was a good chance for me to finish some projects that have been lurking in my brain and in the fabric stash for way too long.

Everyday was an early rise, followed by brekkie and then off we ventured to the sewing room to knuckle down for the day. Sewing and chatting, and sewing and tea, and sewing and chatting and too many brownies. (thanks Leslie) At night, we ate dinner together, drank wine (that was mainly me) and then went back out to sew. On one particular evening I was the last one up, still hand sewing the binding to this quilt for Miss A.





With Christmas just around the corner, I was also happy to get a start on this stocking for Annie. It's made out of scraps from previous projects, so it's thrifty and fun :)





I finished this just the other night and have loved looking at it ever since. Christmas will be so much more fun now that our little A is here.

Would highly recommend the weekend in Lancefield at the lovely Sewjourn, although I believe that it's pretty booked out this year. Perhaps try for next year and get your group together early. They have some good op shops and a fantastic antique store to boot. Bring your credit card!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really pleased you enjoyed your weekend away! Your projects look great. Hope you get to come back soon!