Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Blissful Bali.



It's about bloody time I wrote about our luscious trip to Bali. I would have jotted something down sooner, but we have been MAD busy since we got home. Packing up for our move and actually getting our little asses into our new home last weekend. Can you believe it?? Finally, after 7 months of owning our own home, we are now tucked into our beds at night within it's walls. I haven't been this happy since I swam up to our pool bar in Bali and ordered a Strawberry martini.

Oh yeh...back to Bali. We went without Miss Annie. It was not an easy thing to do, leaving her. She looked so warm and cuddly that morning. Drinking her bot-bot and looking at me innocently as if I would NEVER leave her. My heart nearly broke in two. I cried all the way to the airport and demanded that Ben be patient with me because 'I'm fragile'. I remained in this state the entire way to Bali. As we got off the plane and the humid heat hit my pregnant belly. As we jumped out of our taxi and admired our choice of accommodation. And as we dumped our bags in our lovely little room with massive oversized bed.

It wasn't until I settled into my sun lunge and looked across our pool and out to the ocean that I turned to Ben and said 'This, is the shit!'. I knew instantly that we would not have had as relaxing a time if little Annie was with us. After all the renovating and working hard, we both needed some time out. We were planning to lap it up.

Bali now has a social place in my heart. The only other place is Asia I have been is Vietnam (which I loved!) but there was something truly 'inviting' about Bali that sinks into your skin. The people, the food, the markets. Nothing is over done. Nothing is too westernised. Everything is simple and sweet. We spent most of our time devoted to Steig Larsson and Salander, perched on our sun lounges. I would read, think about what I wanted for lunch, read and think about what I wanted for dinner. It was divine. We took a day trip to UBUD and stayed the night, hired bikes, and visited a few tourist places, but mostly we soaked up the stillness, the sleep-ins and the late night dinners in quaint little restaurants. Here are just a few photos of our trip.











When Ben's bike grows up, it wants to be a Harley.

No comments: