Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A day out.

Today we went to visit some friends of ours. They also have a baby girl just a little older than Annie. It was a lovely day of mum advice, quiche and smiling bubs. *sigh*

On the way there, we stopped off at Carmel's discount fabric warehouse (thanks Leslie) I got this set of fat quarters for $4.50 people!! That's like underground basement bargains. So happy with this loot which will inspire the next two projects I am working on.



For now though I am still busily finishing a project for my sister who is pregnant. I can't give too much away here in case she drops by for a read, but I will show you just a little bit o' fabric.



Oh, and here's Maggie May Brocklesby. She has been so left out lately. We hardly ever get down on the floor to kiss her anymore and have even stopped letting her jump up on our laps. We are such awful dog owners. Here she is focusing on her favourite thing: stuff you can throw.



2 comments:

Lyn said...

Hi em. Lovely post! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog the other day.

It's so nice to hear how your gorgeous Annie is growing, and how you are enjoying being a mum. Isn't it really the hardest and best thing you've ever done? And trust me - it simply gets better and better (and dare I say a bit easier).

My friend (who has twins a couple of months older than Felix) and I were just talking this week about how much the pets in our lives have been relegated to bottom on the rung. Somehow, though, they always forgive you, and are always there to accept that cuddle when you have time.

Keep having fun!
Lyn x

Sarah said...

Wow, Maggie is definitely one of the loveliest pups around - the sweetest face and those magnificent ears! I showed my partner Tony the pictures and he was instantly in love, too! What kind of pooch is she? I was thrilled to see your post the other day, and glad to know I am not the only one who is a little crazy about my dog! Best wishes to you, Sarah