Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The easiest, tastiest banana cake.

In this economic crisis, we need to keep our eye out for a bargain. On our day out to Bentleigh I found a bag of bananas for a dollar. Now that's budgeting! I decided to make banana cake out of it. It was the easiest and tastiest treat I have made for awhile. Try it, you won't be disappointed.



1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
3 small bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon bi carb soda
50ml milk
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 and 1/2 cups of self raising flour

Simply cream butter sugar and vanilla together. Add eggs separately beating well. Add mashed up bananas. In separate bowl dissolve bi carb soda in milk. Add milk mix and flour alternatively. Line a large bread tin with baking paper and pour in mix. Bake for 35 mins at 180 degrees. Yum!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

oh, this looks and sounds perfect. it's meant to be wet all weekend, so I know what I'll be making :)

Lyn said...

Hi! I made this cake today. A perfect way to spend a rainy afternoon. It was delicious! Thanks so much x