Tuesday, May 10, 2011

exciting prospects.

It's been such a busy period for us lately. I have found that getting a moment to blog about sewing is almost as impossible as finding a moment to sew! But, in the craziness of house renos, small children, new family members and breakfasts, lunches and dinners I have managed to get a few things completed.

A friend I used to go to school with contacted me via facebook and when she learned I did a little sewing, she asked me to make her a feeding cover and some spew rags. I was more than happy to oblige. There was no brief really except that she is having a little girl.





Excuse the light in these photos. That's how little time I had to take them :)

In all things inspired, I found this golden nugget. I am about to attempt my second vintage dress but with my own modern, personal twist. Wish me luck. I have no idea how to alter patterns, or how to finish dresses neatly, but I'm learning.

TO BE CONTINUED: Will post a picture of the first vintage dress I made recently. Even if the invisible zip still isn't in!

1 comment:

Bianca said...

hi there, you're the lucky winner of my menu-planner give away... could you please email your address to mailmikio [at] gmail [dot] com

Thanks and congrats :)